At SnailWorks, our relationship with the mailing community is one we treasure. We make our company better with what we learn from our customers, and we aim to help the industry with the education we provide. In that vein, we have a couple of events coming up that we think you should consider attending:
Selling Informed Services:
The Value of Mail Tracking and Informed Delivery
April 29, 2:00 p.m., EDT
More and more, mailers are expecting mail tracking as a standard service from their mail service providers. The recent travails of the Postal Service have really brought to light the importance knowing where your mail is and when it is delivered. Similarly, the growing base of Informed Delivery subscribers is making ID an expected service, or one that clients are stumbling through on their own. Of course, you want to provide these services and keep your clients happy. We just want mailers to remember that there is value to these services, and you deserve to be paid for providing them.
In this webinar, we’ll be sharing the stories of mailers earning thousands of dollars a month in additional profit by charging fairly for Informed services, and strategies you can use to do the same:
- Understanding and communicating the value of Mail Tracking;
- Demonstrating the ROI of these services;
- Pricing strategies;
- Leveraging your volume for additional profit – more is better.
Our objective is always, as yours should be, happy customers and a fair profit. Our president, Dave Lewis, will be presenting. He’s been teaching about the value of mail tracking and associated services for years.
You can click here to learn more and register.
SnailWorks’ Second Users Conference
May 20, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
We are excited about this one on the SnailWorks campus. We shared and gained a lot of great insights at our first users conference in 2019, which was live and in person. We’re ZOOMing this one, but the content should be great. Here’s a very brief preliminary agenda:
- 1:00 – 1:45: Welcome and an in-depth review of newest and most popular features on the SnailWorks platform;
- 1:45 – 3:00: Breakout sessions:
- Technology in depth with SnailWorks CTO, Chip Birckhead and our Operations Manager Dave Herring;
- Sales and marketing of Informed service, with Dave Lewis, and SnailWorks National Director of Sales, Steve Hertz;
- 3:00 – 4:00: We get back together for a session on SnailWorks solutions for Seamless Acceptance. For this we’ll have the whole SnailWorks team along with postal expert Lisa Bowes.
The whole program is designed to be interactive – we hope to learn a lot from you, and that you learn a few tricks too. These conferences help us to develop products that best meet your needs.
You don’t need to be a SnailWorks client to participate – all are welcome, but we expect that our clients will get the most benefit. Fortunately, there is still time to become a client!
Click here for more information, and to secure your spot.